TALKING PEANUT ALLERGY
Effective Date: October 22, 2018
- Our Talking Peanut Allergy website, located at www.talkingpeanutallergy.com (the “Site”)
- The emails that you send to us as a result of your use of the Site; and
This Policy also describes the choices you have that relate to your privacy.
DBV IS NOT A HIPAA COVERED ENTITY OR BUSINESS ASSOCIATE: DBV IS NOT REGULATED BY THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996 (“HIPAA”) BECAUSE DBV IS NOT A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OR HEALTH PLAN AND DOES NOT STORE INDIVIDUALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON BEHALF OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS OR HEALTH PLANS. INSTEAD, WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AS A GENERAL USER, AND NOT AS A PATIENT SEEKING AND/OR RECEIVING MEDICAL CARE FROM A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and zip code;
- Health information, such as information about your family’s allergies [examples include; types of food allergies, severity of allergy and burden of disease];
- Educational information, such as the highest level of education you have achieved;
- Technical information, such as your IP address and other numbers or identifiers; and
- Any other information that you provide that can be used to identify you.
You are not required to provide any Personal Information to access this Site and the materials available on this Site. However, in order to take advantage of certain features offered or provided on the Site, you will be asked to provide Personal Information. For example, we collect Personal Information from:
- Direct interactions, such as by completing forms, signing up for newsletters, or emailing us by using an email you obtained from the Site;
- Cookies and automated technologies, such as when you interact with the Site or click on links in our emails;
- Through social media, such as if you link to social media platforms or use social media plug-ins. We may, depending on your user privacy settings in that social media platform, automatically receive information about you from that social media platform.
In addition to Personal information, we may collect other information about how you use the Site that cannot generally be used to identify you. For example, we may collect your browser type, device type, and operating system information. If any of this information can be used to identify you because, for example, we link it to your Personal Information, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Information for various purposes, depending on the types of Personal Information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Respond to your inquiries, fulfill requests, and otherwise deliver customer service;
- Obtain your subscription preferences and send eNewsletters and similar marketing communications;
- Register you for events and deliver event-related materials;
- Conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- Perform website analytics and tailor advertising and marketing;
- To comply with our legal obligations, or
- For other purposes as disclosed at the time of collection.
We reserve the right to use non-identifiable information (such as aggregated or anonymous information) for any legal purpose. This may include learning which areas of the Site receive the most visitors, understanding the demographics and interests of our users, and for other internal business purposes.
Cookies and other Data Collection Technologies
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
We may also occasionally use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web bugs, 1-pixel gifs, etc.) that allow us to collect non-personal information about your response to our email communications, and for other purposes. Web beacons are tiny images placed on a webpage or email that can tell us if you have visited a particular area of the Site. We do not collect any Personal Information with a web beacon, and do not link web beacons with any other Personal Information you have given us.
How We Respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Some web browsers have Do Not Track (“DNT”) or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Site does not respond to such DNT or similar features and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if such DNT feature is activated.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information within DBV, at your direction, as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or in the following circumstances:
- Agents and Contractors. In order to provide you with the services on the Site, we may disclose your Personal Information to our agents, contractors, or service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as incentive fulfillment, web hosting, or data storage. These third parties may also collect Personal Information on our behalf or help us respond to communications you send us through the Site.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of DBV or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such event, your Personal Information may be transferred to that third party.
We reserve the right to share non-identifiable information (such as aggregated or anonymous information) for any legal purpose. This may include sharing with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes.
Any Personal Information you provide for us to post on our Site is public. We cannot control the use of Personal Information disclosed through our Site. Exercise caution when disclosing information to us for posting in these public areas, and be careful what Personal Information you disclose and how you disclose it. Content posted on our Site, including advice and opinions, represents the views of the individuals who post that content, and such individuals bear sole and exclusive responsibility for the posting of that content. DBV does not endorse, support, verify, or agree with any content posted on our Site.
You may communicate to us certain preferences about how we use your Personal Information.
- Accessing and Updating your Personal Information. If you would like to access or update the Personal Information that we maintain about you, please contact us at the email address or phone number provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to and fulfil your request.
- Opting out of Interest-based Ads. For information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. Please understand that when you opt out of interest based ads, you will still see advertisements – they will just not be tailored to your interests.
The Site is not intended for use by children. Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that a child under age 13 has provided Personal Information to or through the Site without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently we will dispose of such Personal Information from our records.
We implement reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Information transmitted through our Site or by email. Any transmission of Personal Information to us is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Site. At your discretion, you may contact us instead using the mailing address or telephone number listed at the end of this document.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may offer you the opportunity to access third-party content, services, or products by linking to a third-party's website. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third-party's website. We do not exercise control over third-party websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of third-party websites before providing your Personal Information to them.
Your California Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom a company has disclosed their Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. DBV currently shares Personal Information with our affiliates so that those affiliates can market themselves to you. If you are a California resident and you’d like to request a list of this information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Privacy Rights” or write us at the address listed below. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
Note to International Users
Notification of Changes
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page with an updated effective date. If the changes materially affect your rights (e.g., we plan to use your Personal Information in a new manner that may materially affect your rights), we will notify you by either sending you an email or by posting a notice on the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or would like to correct and update Personal Information you previously provided to DBV, please feel free to contact us at:
Talking Peanut Allergy
25 DeForest Avenue, Suite 203
Summit, NJ 07901